Where: Grandville Middle School Track 3535 Wilson Ave SW, Grandville, MI 49418
When: Sunday, August 11th at 9:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
How: Register (free) online by July 27th 2019 to guarantee an event shirt
What: 2.8 miles (approx 11 laps around the track) You are welcome to run or walk as many or as few laps as you desire. (You are responsible for your own lap counting!)
Why: To collect blankets and basic care items to help NICU babies and their families feel embraced by the community
Tips: New, handmade, and gently used blankets from smoke free homes. Secondhand smoke exposure threatens fragile infants discharged from a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
Parking: There is ample parking right at the school!
Running for Covers’ Mission
- to share Paisley’s story and give back to the staff and hospital that took such amazing care of her;
- to encourage community outreach;
- to assist an undersupported Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in helping families feel embraced;
- to collect basic care items that are often taken for granted but are essential in creating the illusion of normalcy in the NICU world;
- to provide a way for families and NICU staff to stay connected in a nonclinical setting;
- to establish a sense of unity and togetherness, and create camaraderie and fellowship;
- and to promote noncompetitive, healthy movement for family members of all ages and abilities.